Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Flava!

This weekend I got to see my little sissy :-) graduate! I am so proud of her! She has been through so much, even at the tender age of 17 (she'll be 18 in a couple of weeks, can't believe it).

I went down to the town where I grew and saw so many people that I hadn't seen in at least the 9 years since my mom's death. It got to see one of my adorable nieces, the other was with the other side of her family. I love her! It was so good to be back with my family and kind of strange being in the small town that I grew up in. I don't miss the everyone knows everyone and knows all of your business. I met so many people that remembered my mom and remembered me from when I was a child.
Everyone spoke so highly of my mother and it made me SO proud. I hope to affect others the same way that she has affected so many others. I don't think I realized how great of a woman my mother was. We didn't grow up with much, but she always found a way to give to others. She was AMAZING! And oh how I miss her so!

If she could have lived longer, she could've done so many great things. Ah well, God does everything for a reason. Too bad she's not gonna get to see a black man become president!!

In other non-sad news, oh well it is sad too LOL. My Lakers fell again to the ridiculously cohesive group of Celtics. But we have 3 games at home and I'm looking forward to these games. This is our chance to get back in the series. I will continue to pray for my Lakers :). And for the record, KG is going out of his way to make my team look bad sometimes. I DO NOT APPROVE! And whenever I get the chance to met him, I will tell him so, LOL.

Rant of the DAY! : People should get tickets for riding 50mph in the fast lane on the highway! WTH is that! Get your behind out of the way. I swear I'm gonna get an SUV made specifically to ram people like that, LOL! Ok, I'm done :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadaya say?