Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a new season...

It's 2009, we're almost a decade into the 21st century.

Today's is my mommy's birthday and this year is the going to mark the ten year anniversary of her death. I can't believe it will be a decade since my mom passed in July. I was thinking of how my life has gone since my mom passed away and it's crazy. I always had to be the responsible one because I was the oldest, but I had to grow up hella fast after she died. She was no longer there to be my support system and to fix things when I couldn't do it on my own. I used wonder why God would take my mother away from me and my siblings. I realize now that her death made me so strong and resilient.











A Song For Mama - Boyz II Men

Despite the significance of this year, I just feel deep down that it's going to be a great year. I'm speaking it into the atmosphere. I'm going to take Dietrick Haddon's song and make it my mantra for the year. He performed at my church at this year and last year's watch night service. Great way to bring in the new year :).



Im Alive - Deitrick Haddon

I never really made new year's resolutions per se, but I always listed the things that I would try to get done in that year. This time around I decided that I wasn't going to wait until the new year to start doing what I needed to get done. Therefore, I paid off a huge chunk of my bad debt in the beginning of December and started cleaning up my credit. I also started my "bringing sexy back" workout a couple weeks ago. Trying to get these legs back in shape ;). I feel myself getting thick again, LOL.

If things go as planned, I should be buying my first (possibly more) piece of property in this year!! :) Pray for me.

I hope everyone's new year celebrations were fab :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR BLOG FAMILY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, happy birthday to your mother.

    I am sure she is looking down on you and beaming with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I need your e-mail address. Can you e-mail me please regarding the Bloggers Book Club? darius@dariustwilliams.org.

    ReplyDelete

Whadaya say?