Friday, October 31, 2008

I VOTED!!!

Well I spent two hours in line waiting to vote and it was BEST two hours of my life!! lol, except for the standing part. I was prepared with my IPOD, my Black Enterprise with Barack on the cover AND my trusty SIDEKICK!! Can't leave home without it.



It was the most magical moment ever receiving my ballot. When I got to my booth, I couldn't help but stare at Barack's name. I was in awe. I am a part of history. I wish my mother could have lived long enough to see this moment...I wish Obama's grandmother could have lived long enough to see him become president. God truly works in mysterious ways.




On to the randomness...



So I was watching the Patriot/Colts game last night (my homie's team lost:/ )...Why doesn't Randy Moss let go of the braids?! Isn't he like 40? At what point should a grown man stop rockin' braids?

I also watched D.L Hughley Breaks the News. I must admit that I was sort of apprehensive about Reverend Al Sharpton appearing as his guest, because we all know he can say some pretty crazy things at times. But I think his segment was my favorite part of the whole show. (Stupid video wouldn't post to my blog, so here's the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5zPuberAU

I am ashamed that Soulja Boy is part of the Black race and if anyone thinks that's mean....I DON'T CARE! I was on YBF and ran across this story of Soulja Boy's recent interview on BET's Black Carpet:

…Then came Soulja Boy Tell Em. I asked him, “What historical figure do you most hate?” He was stumped. I said, “Others have said Hitler, bin Laden, the slave masters…” He said, “Oh wait! Hold up! Shout out to the slave masters! Without them we’d still be in Africa.”

My jaw, at this point, was on the ground.”We wouldn’t be here,” he continued, having no idea how far in it he’d stepped, “to get this ice and tattoos.”

Why oh WHY is the boy a miniature crackhead?! This is exactly why kids need to stay in school AND actually pay attention. What the hell would possess this boy to say such a thing and actually be serious? We are on the brink of electing a black president and this fool sets the race back a thousand years! UGH, there are truly no words for this atrocity. I often wonder why some folks just don't get it?

I'm the friend that's always screaming about social consciousness, education and the future of our kids. I know my friends get tired of my talking about it, but if I don't raise awareness, who will? I wondered why I didn't go on my rants on this blog, but I guess it's easier to run my mouth than try to write everything out.

Sometimes I feel like I'm speaking to brick walls. When will our people and my generation get it?

I'm watching Warren Sapp on Dancing With the Stars, he's bringing my blood pressure back down LOL. Did I mention that I love, love, love him? Lol, he's such a teddy bear! :)

My prayer: Lawd, please help my people to realize that we're standing on the shoulders of those that fought hard before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whadaya say?