Thursday, October 9, 2008

So So Ramdom...

I don't blog as much as I'd like and I blame it all on my A.D.D, lol. If I don't put my thoughts in writing while I'm thinking about, I might as well count it as a loss. This becomes really annoying after a while :/ So let the randomosity begin.

-In high school, I always considered the area that I lived in to be a good area. Now that I've moved back home, it seems that the criminals and the crime keep moving closer and closer to our area. Tuesday night two guys were shot to death literally 2 minutes from my subdivision. To me this is scary, I don't like not feeling safe. The door at my house is hardly every locked. Now I'm always checking the front door and the garage to make sure they're locked.

-The other day I was talking to one of my best friends on the phone and she was reading the O.J Simpson article to me. She stumbled over some word and I told her to spell it to me and I pronounced it. She's one of the smartest people I know, but she stays messing a word's pronunciation, LOL. She said along the lines of, "How do you always know all of these words?" This got me to thinking about my love for reading and how my mom used to take me to the library every two weeks to check out all the books my heart could handle. I was in elementary school reading thick science fiction books, I read well over my grade level. If I ran across a word I didn't know, I looked it up or I used context clues. It makes me wonder if parents do things like this for their kids anymore. My mother was from Haiti and she always stressed the importance of education because it's free here in the U.S.

-Why do young girls these days think they have to be overly sexual to get attention? I was at the phone store with my stepmom a week ago and as we're parking, I look over and these two teen aged girls are hunched low and popping hard as hell. And I'm looking on like WTF? Mind you, they were walking along a really busy intersection and I didn't hear any music. So why were these girl popping in the middle of the street for no apparent reason? WHO THE HELL KNOWS?! Foolishness, I tell you...simply foolishness.

-I have a real fear of running out of gas. Why? I don't know, but I do. So my brother asked me to drop him off at work on Friday, so that my other brother could have their car. My other brother was studying, so I'm like cool no problem. As we're driving, he says "Oh shoot, we're gonna run gas...oh wait, no we're not". By this time, I tell him to pull into the next gas station, this fool says "Nah, we're gonna make it to the cheap gas". Mind you, the "cheap gas" is like a good 8-10 minutes away. I continue to tell this fool to pull into a gas station, but does he listen? HELL NO! We passTHREE gas stations!! We get 2 minutes from the "cheap gas" and the car starts jerking and I'm pissed and cursing. The car stops right in the middle of a HUGE intersection, 2 minutes away from the "cheap gas"! Now I'm yelling all kinds of expletives cuz I'm beyond pissed and embarrassed. I tell my hard headed brother to get out and push, cuz I don't push cars lol <---not really though. Luckily this guy and his girlfriend stopped to take us to the gas station. Even though he almost killed us on the way there, I know God is gonna bless him for his good deed.
Oh, the madness...enough with the randomness. Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, when you see a gas station and your low always pull over even if it just to get enough gas to get to the cheap gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I told my brother, he could've stopped at the gas station on the way and got a tank of gas. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me put you up on the concept of "cheap gas" and why it is never worth it. Gas station #1 has gas for $3.25 and the "cheap gas" at gas station #2 is $3.15. There is usually only a few cents difference. So if you put in 12 gallons of gas, you've saved $1.20 which will get you a double cheeseburger from McDonald's or an Arizona Iced Tea at the right store.

    In short, just get gas! The few cents difference per gallon is never worth it.

    As for the little girls in the street auditioning for Player's Club...they don't have direction or positive role models and nobody has corrected their erroneous thinking that their ticket out is with their body.

    As for reading, you know what they say, "Reading is fundamental" and learning is one of those things that once you know it, nobody can take it away.

    ReplyDelete

Whadaya say?